Injectable Fillers in Palos Verdes, CA
You can fight back against unwanted facial lines and wrinkles. Injectable fillers, also known as dermal fillers or facial fillers, are designed to restore lost volume, smooth wrinkles, and enhance facial contours for a more youthful appearance. When first introduced, injectable dermal fillers revolutionized the field of aesthetic medicine, and these non-surgical treatments continue to evolve.
Injectable fillers provide a versatile and effective cosmetic solution, whether smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, restoring lost volume in the face and hands, or adding contour to the lips (and even nipples)!
Why Should You Choose Dr. Brian Boyd for Injectable Filler Treatment?
As a Professor of Surgery at UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine and Chief of Plastic Surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Brian Boyd has mastered the art and science of beauty.
Dr. Boyd provides surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments at his Rolling Hills Estates practice because he wants his patients to benefit from the approach that suits their unique needs.
Dr. Boyd chooses to carry only the safest and most effective dermal fillers, and he has a deep understanding of where and how to use each option.
You can schedule a thorough consultation with Dr. Boyd in Palos Verdes by calling (310) 597-4734 to learn more about fillers and if they can help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
What Are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
They were once referred to as facial fillers because they initially focused on adding volume and treating static lines or wrinkles in the face. Injectable fillers continue to treat these facial concerns effectively but are now also used on other parts of the body as well.
Static wrinkles are caused by sun exposure, lifestyle, genetics, and normal aging.
Unlike static wrinkles, dynamic lines develop as a response to repetitive muscle contractions associated with facial expressions such as smiling and squinting, as well as habits like smoking. If you’re more concerned with dynamic lines, BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® may be a better option for you.
Today, dermal fillers are used to treat the following conditions:
- Static Lines and Wrinkles: Some injectable fillers can address dynamic lines, but most target the static wrinkles that are present at rest for a smoother and more youthful complexion.
- Lost Facial Volume: Dermal fillers restore volume to areas prone to hollowing, such as the cheeks, temples, and under the eyes, creating a lifted and rejuvenated appearance.
- Nasolabial Folds and Marionette Lines: Fillers are highly effective at softening nasolabial folds (smile lines) and marionette lines (lines around the mouth) to restore a more youthful facial appearance.
- Lip Enhancement: Injectable fillers like JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and RHA® are popular for enhancing lip volume, contour, and definition with natural-looking results.
- Aging Hands: Restylane® is Dr. Boyd’s filler of choice for thinning skin on the hands as it provides long-lasting results in an area that is so active.
It takes skill and experience to determine which filler to use in areas that are often moving, involve thin skin, or tend to accumulate moisture.
More Sophisticated Advantages of Injectable Fillers
- Nipple Projection: Dr. Boyd is one of a handful of plastic surgeons who specialize in enhancing nipple projection. He may use dermal fillers alone, in combination with nipple projection surgery, or as a maintenance technique after a surgical nipple projection procedure.
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty: Dr. Boyd can also use injectable fillers to reshape the nose and temporarily correct minor irregularities without surgery.
Are You a Candidate for Injectable Fillers?
Dermal fillers are a safe and effective non-surgical cosmetic treatment that can benefit almost anyone with visible signs of aging, such as wrinkles, lines, folds, and volume loss.
The best way to learn how this treatment can address your concerns is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Boyd in Palos Verdes to discuss your injectable filler options.
What Is Discussed During Your Dermal Filler Consultation?
Dr. Boyd will ask you about your aesthetic goals and if you are considering any other surgical or non-surgical cosmetic procedures.
He will ask about lifestyle habits that may be contributing to your aging process, answer your questions, and create a customized treatment plan, including the treatment areas and best options for ideal results.
How are Injectable Filler Treatments Performed?
The treatment area(s) are cleansed, and a topical or injectable anesthetic may be used to ensure your comfort.
The appropriate filler is precisely injected into the target areas using fine needles or cannulas for strategic placement to achieve your desired, natural-looking results.
What to Expect After Treatment
You can expect to experience mild swelling, bruising, and redness at the injection sites immediately after your procedure, but these symptoms typically subside within a few days.
Results are often visible immediately after dermal filler treatments, with continued improvement as redness, swelling, and bruising subsides.
The longevity of your results varies depending on the filler used and the treated area. Hyaluronic acid fillers typically last an average of six to 18 months but can last longer.
The mobility of treatment areas is the main factor affecting the length of your results.
To maintain optimal results, Dr. Boyd recommended maintenance treatments as needed.
What Procedures Can I Combine With Injectable Fillers?
You can combine a number of treatments with injectable fillers. However, healing may have to occur depending on the treatment you desire. Dr. Boyd offers the following additional non-surgical procedures:
What Are Dermal Fillers Made Of?
Dr. Boyd uses dermal fillers made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance produced in our bodies that carries no risk of allergic reactions or rejection.
What Are My Injectable Filler Options?
Dr. Boyd’s dermal fillers of choice include JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and RHA®.
- JUVÉDERM®: offers a range of hyaluronic acid fillers to address concerns such as fine lines, deep wrinkles, and volume loss.
- Restylane®: features hyaluronic acid fillers for volume restoration, lip enhancement, and dynamic facial lines.
- RHA®: often used in areas with very thin skin or that attract moisture.
Your choice of filler depends on your individual goals, facial anatomy, and the specific concerns being addressed. Sometimes, a combination of different fillers may be recommended to address multiple concerns and achieve comprehensive results.
What Are Your Concerns?
Are Injectable Fillers Safe?
While dermal fillers are safe, some individuals may experience rare side effects. These risks can be minimized by receiving treatment from a qualified and experienced provider.
Is There Any Downtime Associated With Injectable Fillers?
There is no significant downtime after being treated with injectable fillers, and most individuals can usually resume their daily activities immediately. However, some redness, swelling, and bruising can occur.
Do Dermal Fillers Cause Scarring?
Dermal fillers should not cause scars when performed by a qualified clinician like Dr. Boyd.
How Much Do Injectable Fillers Cost in Palos Verdes, CA?
The cost of injectable filler treatments varies based on factors such as the type of filler used, the quantity required, and the treatment area. You will receive an accurate estimate of your final costs during your consultation.
Want to Learn More About Injectable Fillers in Palos Verdes, CA?
Injectable fillers remain a versatile cosmetic solution that continues to add new applications. From smoothing wrinkles and restoring volume in the face and hands to enhancing lips, reshaping the nose, and even improving nipple projection, these fillers offer transformative outcomes with little to no downtime.
Our team invites you to call our Palos Verdes, California office at (310) 597-4734 for more information or to schedule your consultation.