Brazilian Butt Lift
What Is the Brazilian Butt Lift?
Many of our patients with otherwise shapely figures lack that attractive rounded prominence that only a full set of buns confers. Such patients are frequently hesitant to don bathing trunks or a bikini much to the puzzlement of their friends. Their lack of rear projection saps their self confidence and reduces them to ridiculous artifices to cover their behinds.
Butt augmentation using fat transfer, commonly referred to as the Brazilian Butt Lift, is a procedure that harvests fat from one area of the body and uses it to improve the contours of the buttocks by enhancing their size and shape. The result is beautiful, shapely buttocks that are complementary to the rest of the physique. Schedule a Brazilian Butt Lift Consultation with Dr. J. Brian Boyd in South Bay.
What to Expect From the Procedure
- The fat transfer technique uses liposuction to harvest fat from an area of the body where fat is actually in excess
- Common areas include the abdomen, hips, and thighs.
- A small, thin hollow tube (cannula), with a hole at the side of its tip and connected to a vacuum machine is passed through small incisions, then moved in and out in order to suction and scrape out the excess fat.
- Once harvested by liposuction, the fat is cleaned of blood and oils.
- Large volumes of fat are then injected, small aliquots at a time, filling up the tissues of the buttocks – both muscle and subcutaneous tissue – until an attractive rounded shape is obtained.
Things To Consider Before Deciding
Male or female patients who want a voluminous and shapely posterior or who desire to correct asymmetrical buttocks may be interested in the Brazilian Butt Lift. However, the fat transfer technique requires them to have pre-existing donor areas with excess fat. Therefore, ideal patients will have enough unwanted fat in some other area of the body. It is important that the patient is physically healthy and has already tried traditional dieting and exercise methods but failed to attain the desired results.Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Boyd
Breast and Body Rejuventation
Frequently Asked Questions
The results of this procedure are very long lasting. The Brazilian Butt Lift involves the use of fat grafting, so once the graft ‘takes’ it becomes permanently incorporated in the tissues. The ‘take’ rate is variable – between 70 and 90 percent, some of the cells becoming absorbed by the body. The remaining cells provide permanent enhancement.
After surgery, you will need to avoid sitting or putting pressure on the buttocks for at least two weeks. A compression garment is to be worn for a month to minimize swelling and control shape. Dr. Boyd will give you specific care instructions for the various surgical sites and will prescribe oral medications to prevent infection control pain and help you heal.
As with any surgery, there are risks of complications involved with Brazilian Butt Lift surgery. Common risks include:
- Blood clots
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Stretch marks
General anesthesia is used for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.
There will be some mild pain and discomfort associated with swelling and bruising for a few weeks after surgery. Dr. Boyd will prescribe medications to provide comfort, inhibit swelling and reduce the risk of infection during your healing process.